Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The main road leading to the school.
This was my standard one class room.


A peek inside the class room. This was my classroom in standard four.

The school main Entrance, the admin office was on the first floor.
SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN SULTAN IDRIS II, KUALA KANGSAR.
This was my first school. I was enrolled in standard one in 1960. In those days the double storey concrete building looked so grand. It was known as Central Malay School. In Malay it was also called 'Sekolah Pusat'. I was wondering at that time the connection between navel (pusat) and school. Nobody could satisfied my curiosity then. The school was renamed as SKSI kedua after the late Sultan Idris ascended the throne. The headmaster Che Gu Shaziman proudly explained to us, " Your school is the first Malay primary school in Perak with concrete building"
I started standard one with out going to Tadika. In fact I hardly recognised the alphabet. The form teacher was a beautiful lady, Che Gu Marhamah. She was married to Che Gu Hamid who later thought me in standard six. I did badly during first term exam by securing 14th place. I catch up very fast with the rest of the class. By the third term exam I managed to secure the first place. The school has many new structures over the years but the original building remained unique being one of its kind in Perak.
My teacher were mostly graduates of Maktab Perguruan Sultan Idris, Tanjung Malim. Among them Chegu Abu Bakar, Chegu Md Zain, Chegu Jalal. I had a DTC teacher by the name Chegu Raba Aishah while I was in Standard two who came from Sayung.


No comments: