Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome 2010.
I am going to usher new year in Penang this time. Left KL yesterday for my parent home in Taiping. On the way did something different. With the completion of North South Highway PLUS, I seldom ventured out of the expressway. If I did make a stop, it was just at one of the R&R.
I made two stop diversion yesterday. First one to visit my wife niece at Batu Gajah. I exited at Gopeng exit, after the toll plaza turn right at the first traffic light. Passing through Gopeng Town. Oh! the prewar shop house still there and the famous water pipe, two gigantic rusty looking pipes across the main road. After all these years they still remain as landmark of Gopeng. Then the simpang tiga where I turned left toward Batu Gajah. The road go all the way to Lumut passing through Sri Iskandar. Before that very famous landmark on the left called Kellie's Castle. I shall write about the place later.
Actually my destination was the KTM complex which is situated away from the town. It housed few thousand staff by the look of it. After having tea at her apartment I continue my journey to Gunung Rapat, Ipoh, to visit one of my former classmate, Dr. Salleh. My association with him went way back from our primary school days in Kuala Kangsar. He showed me some of the old school report of our primary school days at Sekolah Kebangsaan Sultan Idris II. What a nostalgic revisit. Now that we a retired, it make interesting conversation piece. After another hearty meal I proceeded to my final destination, my parent home in Taiping.

No comments: