Saturday, October 04, 2008


The Bird House.
I saw this strange looking structure in kampong Sungai Karang, Beserah. It looked like a house but it has no window. It has a staircase with a solitary door at the side. What could it be. When I enquired around I was told it is a bird house. What! a house for birds. Must be some lucky birds compared to some unfortunate human neighbours who only live in dilapidated wooden house. I was told the bird nest can fetch between 4-5K per kilogram. You can read more about this industry at http://burunglayang-layang.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

maarofkassim said...

It is a bird (swift) house allright. It can be a good business to some but a nuisance to others. We don't allow it in Seremban.

Ghaz said...

Thanks Bro Mohd Shah. You have answered my question when I saw almost the same building not in Beserah but further up when I drove through last Friday.