Tuesday, July 08, 2008



DESA INN.
I was surfing for accommodation in Kuala Pilah when I found this hotel listed in Virtual Tourist website but there was no contact or email address given. As we were approaching the town, I saw signage giving direction to the hotel. It was simple enough and we found the hotel somewhere near the bus station.
It has 29 air-conditioned rooms, each equipped with ctv and phone. Surprising it has no wi fi or even email address for that matter. I met the manager, Mrs. Lee. A very friendly lady. She was telling me the hotel rates has not been revised for many years now despite rising cost. It is so much easier to answer any enquiries on rate by saying ‘Harga dulu juga lah, tak de naik” Then she went on explaining the strategy she adopted to keep her overheads low. Wow! Mrs. Lee, with such expertise, you can run an airlines anytime. According to her, the owner had purchased a piece of land nearby and was planning to build a bigger hotel. She was hoping the new hotel will have on line reservation facilities.
I found the room very clean and the staff worked efficiently.
Address: Desa Inn, Lot 745, Jalan Chevalier, Kuala Pilah, 72000, Negeri Sembilan DK, Malaysia . Telephone: 606- 481 8033 Fax :606- 481 8213

1 comment:

maarofkassim said...

Md Shah, I was a member of the team that gave this particular hotel it's 'star' rating. I think we recommended 3 stars and I wonder whether she got it. Yes, I remember the lady manager who was very friendly.