Thursday, July 03, 2008

Meeting an old friend.
Last week I received SMS from Zainal inviting me to attend his daughter wedding in Shah Alam. Well it looked like wedding card is getting out of fashion or is it curbing inflation is the order of the day where all the ‘nice to have’ have to go. Any way, it is a mammoth task trying to distribute wedding card personally. SMS is more practical as you might have last minute invitation to do. It might not be in this case but the lingering thought was there since I happened to know of the function through a friend earlier ( I hope you are not reading this).
Zainal and I was close during our boarding school days, the early part, then he left for Technical Institute in Penang after form three, together with few others like Yaakub, Najid and Saaid. I met him several time in Kuala Lumpur over the years but not in the last few years though.
So finally I met an old friend. He hasn’t changed much except extra kg here and there and slight graying on top. Since he had quite a few guests to take care, we could only talk for few minute. The rest of the time I was talking to Saaid who happened to bring his grand son along who cling to him like orang utan baby. Cute boy.
I spend some time talking to a boy who inspire to be a pastry cook. I could see from the parent face they did not agree with the choice. Their face light up when the son mentioned he also had an interest to become aircraft engineer but do not have much in formations on the subject. So I volunteered some info on the subject, even the parent join in. There were wondering how come I have so much information on the subject. So I told them….

2 comments:

Berisman said...

I didn't know that you have a blog.Now,I can keep coming to read your posting.
Btw,I like Kuala Pilah...nice little town.
You are welcome to my blog http://adib.typepad.com or http://adib.vox.com

Mohd Shah Khalid said...

Adib,
He he when it come to blogging I can proudly claim that I am a veteran compared to Khir Toyo or TDM. Of course you are vintage having started much much ealier. It is like wine, the older the better, isn't it. I find it much easier now to post my thought on the blog, sometime it just flow. I have been reading yours and appreciate those gizmos that you have on your pages. Reader like me may get lost when clicking through those links but they do provide that professional look. Politicians like TDM, Khir Toyo and even Kadir Jasin like to keep their page simple and focus on issues. Understandable other wise people may think that they have somebody else doing it for them.Salam.