Monday, July 07, 2008

The main junction.
Nicely painted shop house.
The main street.
Empty corridors.
KUALA PILAH.
I woke up early and decided to explore the town before checking out from the hotel, Desa Inn. The town looked deserted, small wonder, after all it was Sunday morning. So the town folks could still be in their dream land. Few shops were already opened conducting their business as usual. Surprisingly I saw several 4 digits shops full with punters trying or checking their lucky star. Most of the punters looked like Malays. I just wonder what happened to Islam Hadhari.
The road took me to the bus station where all the activities seemed to be taking place with coaches arriving and departing with full load of passengers each time. I saw this nicely painted corner shop house beside the station but since it was closed I could not guess what business there were in. An antique postal box can be seen in front the shop house. It seemed to be in people path. It was not as old as some colonial postal box, with royal mail logo which can be found in some old township.
As I was passing in front the food stall, the owner kept asking me if I would like to purchase something. They were so friendly, which is typical of small town folks.
Kuala Pilah is also famous for Minangkabau food as many Nasi padang food stall can be found.

No comments: