Monday, August 25, 2008

Beijing Olympic 2008 - day 16-
Finally it is over. Now I can breath easy and look at other channel on the Astro. Malaysia has one lone silver medal to show but that had given birth to two datukship. When CM of Penang announced LCW to be awarded datukship I was awed. Then his coach Misbun Sidek to get one too from the Malacca state, that was awesome. It is about time sportsmen and sportswomen in this country be given the due recognition. Their contributions to the country is too valuable to the future generation. I am hoping Shalin to be given one soon for her contribution in Bowling.
For the overall medal score, China must be commended for being a model host and for being the first Asian nation to be the Olympic Champion.
OK lets see London in 2012.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the dazzling display of arts and culture during the official opening ceremony for the 2008 Beijing Olympics on 8th August.

As I watched 'my half-Chinese relatives' bring to bear innovation, creativity, tradition and modernism to create resplendent spectacles to commemorate the official opening I felt so honoured to be 'half-Asian'.

I also watched highlights of the games from time to time.

Well done to all those who contributed and Congratulations to all those who participated, those who whom medals - including LCW & his coach - going for Datukship.

Malaysia Boleh!