Sunday, May 04, 2008

CAN YOU SEE THE STRINGRAY? WHAT CAN YOU SEE WHEN THE WATER IS CLEAR.
I was at fresh fish market, Baserah during the week end. I saw this small stream beside the fish market. The water was crytal clear. You can see all kind of things being thrown in there including dead fish and squibs. I imagine the dead fish will be washed to the sea eventually and the food cycle will be repeated.
The prices for fresh fish is so expensive nowdays. It is really a waste to see the dead fish ended at the bottom of the river. If only we can redirect them to the needy. We have to keep the river clean too if we want to manage our environment efficiently.

2 comments:

azahar said...

What were you doing at Beserah fish market? When was this?

Actually it is squids, not squibs. For me environmentally it is all right to throw dead fish in rivers. They are organic anyway and I am sure many living denizens of the river will make full use of the free protein!

What irriate me more is when people throw plastics and inorganic matter into streams and rivers...

Mohd Shah Khalid said...

OMG you are right. 'Squibs' are detonators used in aircraft fire extiguishing system. Similar to detonators used to trigger airbag in automobile.
My sister in law is staying at Kpg. Sg. Karang, near Balok. We visit her regularly after her husband passed away.