Tuesday, May 13, 2008


DINING at THE SMOKE HOUSE.
(Friday 9th. May 2008)

The Smokehouse Hotel is a small establishment in Fraser’s Hill. It only have 14 rooms. What make it very special from the rest is that it was set in an English Tudor style. The hotel was built in 1939 during the colonial era. The interior is decorated English style. It remind me of bed and breakfast set up that is very common in UK.
I went to the hotel with my family to have dinner. I hardly parked my car when the manager came out and greeted us. We were the only customer at that time. He invited us to come inside for tea while waiting for our dinner to be prepared. We were given a quick tour of the honeymoon suite since time was on our side.
The dinner was finally ready and we were served like some colonial masters who just came in for week end retreat from the City. It was a memorable experience for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you recommend I visit it this place next time I'm in M'sia? Or it's too far away from KL?

Mohd Shah Khalid said...

recommended but you have to overnight there otherwise too tiring.