Sunday, May 11, 2008


Week end at Fraser's Hill.
The last lime I went to Fraser's Hill was about 6 years ago. So I really looked forward to spend my week end there with my family. We left KL at 0200 pm and reached the foothill of Fraser's Hill called the Gap, about two hours later. We just missed the slot to go up, so had to wait about an hour before we could continue our journey. As road from the Gap to Fraser's Hill was quite narrow, for safety reason, the traffic had to be regulated at hourly interval.
There were a lot repair work going on along the stretch between Kuala Kubu Bahru and the Gap which slowed us down. I could not locate the spot where Sir Henry Gurney was ambushed by the bandit during the emergency period. I wanted to show my kid the historical place. There was a sign telling the road to Kuala Lipis was closed until further notice. No wonder the traffic was rather light. To be continued.

No comments: