Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Students waiting to enter the lecture hall.
OB for me! (my daughter's hostel).

Kolej Matrikulasi Negeri Sembilan (KMNS)

My daughter was accepted by KMNS to do matriculation. I went to Kuala Pilah, yesterday to register her admission. Kuala Pilah is known as the driest place in Malaysia as oppose to my hometown Taiping being the wettest one. If not for the admission I do not know when do I have the opportunity to land myself on this town.

We exit PLUS at Senawang and followed the road signs. The road was a winding one once you past Senawang township. It reminded me of my drive to Fraser's Hill few weeks earlier. After travelling for about 35km we reached Kuala Pilah town. KMNS is located further up by 5 km toward Tampin.

The campus looked very presentable despite earlier input from friends who said it was a run down facility. He probably comparing it to some of the new establishment in other states. Despite influx of new student coming to register the staff handled their job like professional. It gave the parents so much confidence to leave their children with KMNS.

I was fortunate enough to meet En. Mat Sani, Penolong Pengarah who head of the IT Department. He went beyond my expectation in answering all my enquiries and his conduct is exemplary to other officers.
I looked forward to my future visit to KMNS to see how my daughter is getting along.

4 comments:

fairuzanuar said...

Salam uncle Md Shah,

I was in KMNS for one semester before being offered by my family to Moscow.

I left KMNS after one semester because of my CGPA is 3.79 whereas I need 4.0 to study medicine. The competition was quite tough back then, so I decided leave my friends and beloved lecturer (ada sorang lecturer perempuan :P, rasenya dia masih mengajar di KMNS).

But studying in Moscow doesn't solve all the problems. Yes, I managed to get into Medical School, but I have to learn on how to survive Russia esp Moscow.

After years living and couping with Russian atmosphere, i finally can laid-back and enjoy the true russian culture. Still, need to break the language barrier which till now, very hard to master.

p.s: im sure ada ramai budak sdar di KMNS.
-hmmm... tak dapat 4.0 masa first sem sebab bercinta sebenarnya. ye lah... budak sdar, masuk matrik ada ramai budak perempuan. rambang mata. hehehe... cinta monyet.


From Russia With Love,
Fairuz Anuar,
Moscow.

Mohd Shah Khalid said...

FA,
Thank you for sharing, not to worry, life itself is a never ending learning process. This lecturer, was she driving wira aeroback with Penang number plate?

fairuzanuar said...

yeah... she's driving the wira aeroback. but im not sure if the car registered in Penang. Her name is Miss Julia. Your daughter might know her..

Mohd Shah Khalid said...

Oh! silap badan.. this lady wear tudung..